Choose to study a Masters course and you could be eligible for the Student Loans Company Postgraduate Loan worth up to £10,000.
- Loans are available up to £10,000 towards study costs; it will be at the student’s discretion to use the loan towards fees, maintenance costs or other costs;
- Students must be UK national resident in England only or EU nationals resident in England on the first day of first academic year but within with EEA throughout the preceding three years.
- Students should be attending their first Masters course in order to qualify.
- Loans are repayable once you earn over £21,000 per annum and will be repaid over a maximum of 30 years.
- Interest rates are 3% above RPI, indicative interest rate as in June 2016 is 3.9%.
Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the UK government website.
How to apply
Students with an offer can submit an application online up to four months prior to course start.
You would need to submit an application via the UK government website.
The University of Law will be required to verify your attendance on the course before any funding is released; this will be completed after you have undergone registration and provided the University with your individual Student Support Number as issued by the SLC. The funding will not be released prior to your course start date.
Funds will be released directly to you. You will be responsible for making any payments towards tuition yourself. If you opt to use this loan for your tuition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm this intention, the value of the loan applied for and the payment dates. The University of Law can then adapt your tuition fee payment plan to take these payment dates into account.